Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Welcome 2014

This year was a year of travel and bonding. My hubby and I visited Tirupathi, Goa and Mysore in India and almost all the major cities of Europe. It was a year of bonding with the family. Every passing year, I learn more about my hubby. He is a wonderful person and the learning never ceases. I celebrated the major festivals in my hometown, Warangal amidst our parents, in-laws and other close family members. The love and warmth from the family spices up the festivals. Oh yes! I forgot to mention about the mouth-watering and delicious dishes that my mother and mother-in-law cook during festivals, which lead to packing up of pounds, which I am yet to lose.

On the external front, this year has been a year of surprises and disappointments. Arvind Kejriwal from the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) becoming the Chief Minister of Delhi was indeed a pleasant surprise for me. I was shocked that the Supreme Court upheld section 377 which criminalizes gay sex and is an offence punishable with up to life imprisonment.  Our country has gone back ward by upholding section 377. I feel bad for the LGBT community. They have a long battle to fight, just to exercise their sexual orientation. I am also quite disappointed by the security of women in this country. The judiciary and the police do very less to make the roads safe for women. Well, this is the end of my complaints for this year. I will start afresh next year.

I am hopeful about next year. India goes to elections and the NaMo vs. RaGa political battle gets hotter than ever. Budge any two Indians and they will start on a discussion about who will be the next Prime Minister of our country. I hope that 2014 will bring all of us lot of pleasant surprises and progress on personal, professional and political fronts.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image from google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted as long as they are not derogatory and directed to one individual or a group of people