Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 - The Year of Patience


(L to R) Siddheswara Swamy Temple in Solapur, Mahabalipuram, Coorg, Mauritius, Undersea walking, Bathukamma


The Chinese name their New Year. For example, 2015 is the Year of Sheep. I thought of naming the old year, based on my experiences.  

For me, 2014 is the Year of Patience. 2014 has taught me that my predictions about future have a 50-50 % chance of occurrence.

As a recent graduate, I was used to routine. I knew the schedule of exams, when they take place, what is the syllabus etc. I could also guess the outcome of the exam. I realized that in life, the date of exams and the syllabus is unpredictable. I will be tested when I least expect it. I cannot guess the topic of the test nor the outcome.

I am thankful for all the places that I visited this year. Each place had something to take away.

In February, my hubby and I visited our relatives in Mumbai & Solapur. 

In April, we went to Coorg. I experienced homestay for the first time. I understood that homestays are decent.

In August, we visited Mauritius. I learned about overcoming fear. I did parasailing, undersea walking and almost touched a Lion.

In November, I went to Fisherman’s Cove and Mahabalipuram on a team offsite. Now that our team has a critical mass of women, I discovered the sisterhood of working women.

In December, I went to Delhi for a conference. The food in Delhi is out of this world. I will do a week long historical and food trip in Delhi, sometime in future.

I am thankful for the wonderful time I spent with my husband and my family.

I am thankful for my new writing project. I took the decision of splitting the blog based on the number of hits I got for posts. One blog will be dedicated to my stories and other to my life experiences.

 I will start 2015 with a new blog site.

Thanks to my hubby for buying a domain in my name (hint). I bought a blog theme on wordpress. I thought the old posts will magically reorganize themselves as per the theme. They did not! It took a lot more effort than I expected, but I thoroughly enjoyed the process of creating a new home from scratch.

I am sad about the accidents in general, on road and by air.

A few accidents happened to people who are close to me. I pray that they will have the strength to come out of these tough situations.

Ciao! See you in 2015 on a new blog site. Wishing you a great year ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted as long as they are not derogatory and directed to one individual or a group of people