Saturday, March 1, 2014

One year Anniversary

One year Anniversary of my blog was on February 22nd and I was too busy even to post about it. Terrible me! The shortest month of the year always sees a few posts. It happened last year, and this year as well.Moving forward, I hope that this will not be the signature trademark of February.

February was a busy month, both on the personal and professional fronts. On the personal front, I traveled to Hyderabad, Mumbai and Solapur. During my trips I met quite a lot of family members; cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles.  I saw a piece of their life and got inspired for the better. In Mumbai, I met my sweet niece and nephew who are twins. It is always amazing to see how fast the kids have grown up and how far they have come. In Solapur, I met relatives from my hubby's side.The visits involved gastronomic indulgences. In Hyderabad, I had the famous Hyderabadi Biryani and Karachi biscuits. My hubby and I experienced the Mumbai night life. We partied with my cousins, in a bar/restaurant until 2.30 AM in the morning. That was quite unlike me! The visit to Solapur was also my first visit after marriage. All the aunts and grandmother on my hubby's side are great cooks. They made great traditional dishes which involved killing of a few goats. The food was great, but the great quantities thrusted down our throats,  resulted in an uneasy stomach. The visits to Hyderabad, Mumbai and Solapur were a great start for the beginning of the year.

In one year, I wrote 63 posts. The posts covered  random aspects of my life, from my bachelorette days to getting into a battle with the pigeons. The posts equate to about 150 hours of writing and editing in an year. I know that 150 hours is far from the 10,000 hours, that  Malcolm Gladwell prescribes to be a perfectionist. There is still time. Whenever I feel bad about the time it will take me to become a writer, I remember the quote by Earl Nightingale, and this quote keeps me going.

'Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.'

I want to thank my mother who has always encouraged me to write and is also responsible for my varied interests in reading. I want to thank my hubby, who waits for me to finish my blog posts on Saturday mornings. It means getting angry stares from me, when I am disturbed and late lunches. He is also the first editor for my posts. I also want to thank all the wonderful people who took time to read my blog and encouraged me to write. It means a lot to me, and keeps me inspired to write.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted as long as they are not derogatory and directed to one individual or a group of people